Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts

Friday, February 26, 2010

Looking for My Baby...

I've looked everywhere.
I'm only able to see small signs that he's still here...
The way he balls up his little hands when he's doing nothing with them...
The way he reaches for me when he has an 'owie'...
The way he looks when he's asleep...
When he asks for me to "rock-a-bye baby..."

A part of my heart aches for that little child that I brought home a year and a half ago...Even then he seemed to be older than his age.

Now, He's VERY verbal. He surprises me everyday with what comes out of his mouth. Whether it's hilarious, thoughtful, loving , or wise beyond his years.

He's about a month or 2 away from being potty-trained (boy, he looks so precious in his underwear...so tiny!)

He's very capable of shoveling food into his mouth with his own fork/spoon.

He knows when mommy's sad or upset, happy or glad....
and tells me when he's feeling any emotion. (i.e. "Momma? I'm happy, are you happy too?")

One of my favorites..."Momma, I'm handsome! You're pretty! I love you so much!"

It's a dream to hear every word from his mouth....

But on those dreary days like today...when I really just wanna cuddle with him....A corner of my heart misses that little baby....

I love you Tanner!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I totally understand where you are coming from, Kelly! I look at Tanner and I can't believe he is the same kid! I'm constantly trying to remind myself to live in the present, because in another year, I may well be longing for the things Eli is doing right now. They do grow up so fast, but thank God we get to see it and share everyday of it.