Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts

Monday, January 11, 2010

L's and Th's

Tanner has discovered the very important L and Th sounds. Somewhere--probably in his sleep, he discovered these sounds. We have been working on them for a few months now:
(me) Tanner? Let's go take a baTH!
(Tanner) baFF, Momma?
(me) No, baTH!
(Tanner) baFF!!

ok, so fine, he's not in the mood to say TH! I can deal with that!
How about L?

(me) La La La La ...
(Tanner) Ya Ya Ya Ya!!
(me) Tanner, look at the Christmas Lights!
(Tanner) Ohhh, ho ho ho, merry Christmas...momma, yook at da Christmas Yights!
hmmmm...
(me) I love you, Tanner!
(Tanner) I yuv you so much!
hmmm...

So, this past weekend, he magically woke up and behold...there were L's and Th's!

(Tanner) Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, Momma!
(me in my head..)what the crap?
(me) What, Tanner?
(Tanner) Ni Hao, Kai-Lan!!!

It was the absolute cutest, most exaggerated 'L' ever!--not to mention my little Vietnames baby boy is speaking CHINESE! hahaha! ***side note*** I can say, "Tanner, can you say Hello in Chinese?" He'll say, "Ni Hao" "Can you say hello in Spanish?" "Hola!!" "Can you say hello in English?" "ummm hello, momma!"
We're working on the Vietnamese Hello! hahaha!

(me) I Love you, Tanner!
(Tanner) I Love you so much, momma!
(me) I'm going to tickLe your beLLy!
(Tanner) No tickLe my beLLy, Momma! (very exaggerated!) too cute!

ok, so I'll push my luck...

(me) Tanner, are you ready to take a baTH?
(Tanner) I take a baTHHHHH, Momma!! (Not only did he spit everywhere with all the exaggeration, but he pointed at his tongue...I guess I still do that when trying to show him a word! hahaha!)

So, my baby is growing up....
BUT...
he still and will always be My baby!

He's going through this phase where he'll say, "Momma, rock-a-bye baby, please!"
When saying this, he'll hold up his arms for me to pick him up.
Totally melts my heart. So, of course I do it, not only for his sake, but for mine!

Yesterday we went to a birthday party. On our way home, he said over and over again, "Momma, I had fun! I so happy, Momma!"
Left me speechless!

No comments: